LAHORE: (PAKISTAN) All rounder Shahid Afridi will captain Pakistan for the England tour and the Asia Cup, the Pakistan Cricket Board has announced.


Pakistan reached the World Twenty20 semi finals under Shahid Afridi's supervision.




Afridi led the Pakistan team for the first time in 2006 and he will be leading the Test squad for the first time for the England tour and the Asia Cup.

Afridi ended his self exile from test cricket last week. Known for his outstanding batting performances, Afridi has scored five centuries in his Test career with the highest score being 156 runs.

Pakistan will play two Test matches against Australia and four against England during their three-month long tour of Britain.

The seasoned all-rounder who is better known for his explosive batting said he would like to bat on sixth position in the Tests batting line-up to focus more on his bowling.

“I will focus more on my bowling as I think I can contribute more in that department than batting in the longer version of game,” said Afridi.

Afridi who last played a Test in 2006 in Manchester made it clear he would not be hesitant to take a U-turn if he fails to shine in this format.

“If I would not be able to perform satisfactorily then I would prefer leaving my place for a younger player.”

He said he returned to Tests because he wanted to help his team which is in turmoil due to absence of senior players.

“Absence of senior players forced me to rethink my decision to play test cricket.


0 comments

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My Photo
News
+923146016065
View my complete profile

News


Wait upto 1 minute to Watch Dunya News Live

Tilawat Quran With Urdu

Followers

Website counter

Google Map

Allah Hoo

HOLY MYSTERIES, The Golden Ratio: 1.618 & Islam

Firoun's Body

Search

free counters